Sunday 16 March 2014


I know we are not supposed to be looking at 'music' as such but Dan Henig, an artist who has remixed songs by slowing the tempo right down, often by taking a song which is typically amplified through some sort of computer generated sound maker and translating it into something acoustic. (The video above is  Dan Henig's version of 'Get Low' by Lil Jon.

It was not the song as such that I was focusing on, in relation to 'sound', it was the fact that because the song had been slowed down / manipulated it actually made me take the effort to listen to the words thoroughly.

I thought that this related to my investigation of sound / noise, as I have found myself listening intently throughout my day to things that I would not have usually picked up on. I feel this is an example of someone who knows how to make people listen and that is why I found myself relating to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment