Sunday 23 March 2014

More Sound Artists

Matmos
This group is a set of two people who experiment with electronic sounds as well as voice activated sounds which makes it quite musical sounding or to the 'norm' when it comes to what most people would listen to.
Matmos are quite well known in the Sound Art world as there are many sites that I have found which just talk about their up coming concerts.

Judy Dunaway

"Judy Dunaway is an avant-garde composer, free improvisor, conceptual sound artist, transmission artist and creator of sound installations who is primarily known for her sound works for latex balloons. Since 1990 she has created over forty works for balloons as sound conduits and has also made this her main instrument for improvisation." - info from

I found watching really odd but intriguing just because I really was not expecting to see what I saw and it really showed me that complex sounds can be made by anything. I also flet that there was also a spot of humour in this performance which gives it an added want to watch the whole video even though it really is quite weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment